60 x 80 Pole Barn – With approximately 4800 square feet of available space, a 60 x 80 Pole Barn can offer a variety of functions depending on your needs and desires. In this article, you’ll be learning all there is to know about pole buildings, its elements, the uses of a 60’x 80′ pole barn, and how much it will cost to build one.
Elements of a Post Frame Building and Their Function
A pole barn, also known as post-frame building, is considered one of the easiest and most economical way to build your dream barn. A pole barn grants you various forms of meeting your needs and wants at the same time, which you will be proud of for years to come. To start, here are some of the essential elements of a pole barn:
- Footings – The concrete mix that should be used is a minimum of 3000 PSI, and the minimum depth is 36″ from the floor line.
- Posts – Placed at least 36″ from the floor line and 8′ on center depending on the location of your door.
- Ground Contact Wood – Those posts and lumber directly in contact with the ground are pressure treated to make them functional for a lifetime.
- Side and Roof Purlins – Both reduce the splitting at the point of connection with siding fasteners.
- Structural Wood – Headers and carriers should be constructed from the most robust wood in the industry.
- Roof Trusses – Trusses are placed 2′ or 4′ in the center. These are engineered with loading so that you can have the most substantial roof load possible in the industry.
- Roofing and Siding – Both the roof and sides are secure with screws and are fully trimmed. The screws being utilized are weather-tight with both rubber and steel washers.
- Doors – You can choose from garage overhead doors, garage rollup doors, sliding doors, or entry doors, depending on the function of your pole barn.
- Additional Features – Depending on what you need, your pole barn can also have additional features such as windows, fancy doors, skylights, vents, and more.
There are three primary types of pole barns:
- Gable – The most common type, it has two sloping sides that come together at a ridge in the middle, forming an A-frame. The advantage of this type is that it allows for more headroom and storage space.
- Lean-To – This type has a single sloping side that leans against another structure, such as a house or garage. The advantage of this type is that it’s more affordable and easier to build.
- Hip – This type has four sloping sides that come together at the top, forming a pyramid shape. The advantage of this type is that it’s more stable in high winds and can shed snow and rain more efficiently.
Pole barns or post-frame buildings are incredibly versatile, and the possibilities are endless.
What Are the Uses of 60 x 80 Pole Barns?
With quite a large space of approximately 4800 square feet, here are some of 60 x 80 Pole Barn’s possible uses:
Agricultural Pole Barn
Storage area for sprayers, loaders, and tractors. To fit this function, you can insulate your garage doors to protect said equipment against snowstorms and winter. This way, you can be sure that your investment is safe, secure, and protected from harsh elements.
Need An Architect For Your Pole Barn? Compare Architect Prices and Save!
Simplify your research by letting us do the work for you.
Specifically, an agricultural pole barn can function as:
- Shed for Equipment
- Garage for Work Trucks
- Storage for Hay and Straw
- Horse Stables
- Work Shops
- Farm Shop
- Produce buildings
Residential Pole Buildings
A residential building can be a two, three, or four-bay residential garage. Moreover, you can build a residential garage in a combination of the following:
- Workshop for woodworks, welding, etc.
- Hobby/Crafts room
- Second-floor living space/quarters/storage
- Second floor for office
- Storage space on the first floor
Light Commercial Pole Buildings
In the long run, instead of renting out a commercial building, it’ll be more economical if you build one.
Pole barn prices can vary depending on the size and function of the pole barn. However, you can expect the average cost to build a 60 x 80 pole barn to be around $12,000 to $18,000. This range already includes the material, labor, and other miscellaneous fees.
To get a more accurate economical option, it is best to consult with a contractor who specializes in pole barns. With their help, you can be sure that your 60 x 80 pole barn is built to perfection – one that will serve its purpose for years and years to come.
Pole barns are a versatile and economical way to build the barn of your dreams. With approximately 4800 square feet of space, a 60 x 80 pole barn can be used for a variety of purposes, such as an agricultural storage shed, workshop, or residential garage.
What is the lifespan of a Pole Barn?
Pole barns can last for decades with proper maintenance. The lifespan of your pole barn will depend on the quality of materials used and how often you maintain it. To ensure that your pole barn lasts for a long time, it is important to:
- Inspect the roof and framing regularly.
- Repair any damage as soon as possible.
- Re-coat the roof every few years.
- Build your pole barn kit on level ground.
- Use high-quality materials.
- Hire a professional to build your pole barn.
With proper care, your pole barn kit can last for decades, providing you with a versatile and economical way to store equipment, house animals, or use as a workshop.
What are the benefits of a residential pole building?
Here are some of the benefits when you decide to build a residential pole building to your land:
- Additional Value – Your property will have additional value since a pole building is permanent.
- Customize the Color – You can customize the color of your pole building such that it is the same as your house. You may opt to customize its other features as well.
- Protection for Your Other Assets – By building a temperature-controlled residential building, you’re choosing to protect your other assets.
- Energy Efficient – Pole buildings, compared to the traditional way of construction, have lesser thermal breaks. Posts on 8′ or greater centers provide better insulation than a stick frame building with studs of about 16″ or 24″ on center.
If you want your residential pole building to be extraordinary, here are some features you can add:
- A garage door on the side
- Additional roof height to accommodate your taller vehicles
- A seamless gutter system
- Adequate insulation
- Two-tone side wall selection
Need To Add On To Your Existing Structure?
Let us help you find the right contractor fast and easy.
How Can You Customize Your 60 x 80 Pole Barn?
To cater to your needs and wants, here are some features you can add to your pole building:
- A second floor accessible through an exterior stair
- Attic area
- Wood, vinyl, or specialty siding
- Insulated workshops with workbenches
- Customize the Color
- More windows
- Shingled roof
- Finished interiors
- Entry doors
- Overhead doors and rollup garage doors
Aside from features, you can customize your pole barn’s function as well:
- Retail business and Shop combined commercial building
- Garage with living quarters and balcony on the 2nd floor
- Garage and Horse barn combined
- Garage with Hobby shop
- Storage building
- Commercial Building
- Horse Barns
How Much Does a 60 x 80 Pole Barn Cost?
Typically, a square foot of a pole barn will cost from about $7-$60. This price depends on the features you want to add on your pole barn to make it look like your dream building. Thus, a 60 x 80 Pole Barn will cost about $33,600-$288,000.
What are Pole Barn Kits and What is Included in a Kit?
A pole barn kit is composed of the necessary materials you need to build a pole barn. This includes lumber, posts, trusses, purlins, hardware, and fasteners. Most kits also come with an assembly manual to make it easier for you to construct your pole barn. To save you time and hassle, a lot of companies also offer installation services wherein they will do the job for you.
Pole Barn Kit Prices
Pole barn kit prices vary depending on the size and features of the barn. The most basic kit starts at around $5,000 while the most deluxe kit can cost up to $30,000. When it comes to choosing a pole barn kit, it is important to consider the following factors:
Make sure that the size of the kit is appropriate for the area where you will be constructing the pole barn kit. It is also important to consider the purpose of the barn so you can determine the appropriate size.
The features of a pole barn kit will affect its price. If you want your pole barn kit to have more windows and doors, it will be more expensive than a basic kit. It is important to choose the features that you need so you can save money.
Consider the construction of the pole barn kit. It should be made of high-quality materials that are durable and easy to assemble. The kit should also come with an assembly manual so you can easily construct the pole barn kit.
If you do not know how to install a pole barn kit, it is best to choose a kit that comes with installation services. This will save you time and money.
Compare the pole barn kit prices of different kits before choosing one that fits your budget.
What is the Difference Between a Metal Building and a Pole Barn?
Pole barns are made of wood while metal pole buildings are made of steel.
- Pole barn kits are easier and faster to build than metal buildings.
- Metal buildings last longer than pole barns.
- Pole barn kits are more susceptible to fire than metal buildings.
- A steel building is more energy-efficient than pole barns.
- Pole barns are more versatile in terms of design than metal buildings.
- A steel building more expensive than a pole barn kit.
- Pole barn kits are easier to build because you only need to put up the posts and then attach the panels. With metal garages , you need to first erect the frame before putting up the walls.
- Pole barns are more versatile when it comes to design because you can easily add or remove panels. With metal buildings, the frame is already welded so it’s not as easy to make changes.
- A steel building more expensive than custom built pole barns because steel is a more expensive material than wood. Also, the construction of metal pole buildings is more labor-intensive and time-consuming.
- Pole barns are easier to build, but metal buildings last longer. If you want a durable and long-lasting building, then go for a metal building. But if you want something that is cheaper and easier to construct, then a pole barn kit is the better choice.
Pole barns are usually made out of wood, but now some are choosing steel panels and sidings to make it more fire-resistant. Metal buildings are made completely out of steel, making it more durable and long-lasting. Steel buildings can also withstand strong winds and earthquakes.
Why Choose a Steel Building for Your Horse Barns?
There are many reasons why you should choose a steel building for your horse barn. Steel buildings are durable, long-lasting, and fire-resistant. They can also withstand strong winds and earthquakes. Steel buildings are also easier to maintain than wood barns because they don’t rot or get termite infestations.
Another advantage of steel buildings is that they are more energy-efficient. Steel buildings have better insulation than wood barns, so they can keep your horses warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Steel buildings are also easier to clean and disinfect because there are no nooks and crannies for dirt and bacteria to hide in.
If you are looking for a safe and durable horse barn, then a steel building is the best choice. Steel buildings are also more cost-effective in the long run because they require less maintenance and repairs.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Metal Building Supplier
When you are looking for a metal building supplier, it is important to consider the following factors:
Pole Barn Prices
Make sure that you get a competitive price for the metal building. Compare the prices of different suppliers before making a decision.
Choose a supplier that offers high-quality buildings. Check the reviews
Make sure that the supplier provides good customer service.
Choose a supplier that can deliver the building to your site. Others offer free delivery while some charge a fee.
Choose a supplier that offers installation services. This will save you time and money.
Choose a supplier that offers a good warranty on the building. Check the terms and conditions of the warranty before making a purchase.
Make sure that the supplier offers the features that you need for your building.
Choose a supplier that is near your location. This will save you on delivery costs. Check on the delivery Zip code restrictions before choosing a supplier.
Make sure that the supplier is accredited by the Better Business Bureau. This ensures that you are dealing with a reputable commercial building company.
Ask for references from the supplier. This will help you check on the quality of their buildings.
Now that you know the different factors to consider when choosing a metal building supplier, it will be easier for you to find the right one for your needs. Just remember to compare the prices, quality, service, delivery, installation, and warranty before making your final decision.
Check out this forums for some opinions.
Popular Building Sizes
Pole Barn Kit Construction
Pole Barns can be built several ways. You will need to decide which construction method suites your needs and fits on your property.
Stick building is a traditional way of framing a barn building. Most custom builders use this as their preferred manner of constructing since they tend to build barns that are unique. Roofs, floor trusses and all framing is, in effect, created on site from individual pieces of lumber.
Pole barns and garages can be built much quicker than traditionally constructed buildings. When constructed to your specifications, pole garages and post frame buildings are the perfect solution to your storage needs. They are an economical solution residential construction.
Metal Buildings are an economical solution for both commercial and smaller residential construction. This style has straight walls with a gable or sloped roofing system. Steel Buildings are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.
Need An Architect For Your Pole Barn? Compare Architect Prices and Save!
Simplify your research by letting us do the work for you.