Post Frame Construction – Post-frame buildings or Post Frame Construction is strong, durable structures that are being used for construction of all types of residential and commercial buildings. They are an effective way to build quality structures in a short amount of time. If you are considering adding more living space to your home by constructing a new structure, post-frame construction can be an ideal construction method for you.
Compare Pole Barn Kit Pricing and save up to 30%!
Do you want quotes for a metal or wood building?
Compare Pole Barn Kit Prices and
save up to 30%!
Do you want quotes for a metal or wood building?
Let’s have a look at the definition of post-frame building and how using it can be beneficial for your next building project.
What is Post Frame Construction?
Post-frame structures or buildings utilize an interlocking framework of large pressure-treated posts and laminated columns, which is implanted in the ground or the concrete or masonry foundation. Once the structure has been implanted, the trusses and girds are attached to the structure for additional support.
Post-frame construction has become a widely-used mode of Post Frame Construction because of its design flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and versatility.
What are the Benefits of Post-Frame Construction?
Post-frame construction has become a method of choice because of its sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and durability. This method finds application in both residential and commercial construction in urban and suburban settings.
Let’s have a look at the major advantages of post-frame construction.
- Cost-Effectiveness – The method is very suitable for projects with a limited Post Frame Construction budget. It requires fewer materials and less time as compared to traditional methods of construction. Building the foundation for a building takes about 15 percent budget of any construction project. Post-frame construction eliminates the need to pour a cement foundation, which results in significant cost-savings. In addition to this, it requires limited amount of roof and wall framing materials which also adds to its cost effectiveness.
- Durability – Post-frame buildings are very light weighted but extremely durable. When compared to wood-framed structures, post-frame buildings offer greater stability and strength, and last for a longer time. The material used in post-frame construction is pressure treated which results in increased resilience against different types of external stresses, such as snow, wind, and seismic loads.
- Sustainability – Post-frame construction is an energy efficient Post Frame Construction method that employs wood, which is a renewable resource and can be recycled into mulch for landscaping or can be used to produce pulp for paper production.
- Energy Efficiency – The newer energy codes require buildings that are insulated and energy-efficient. Post-frame buildings are a viable solution because the structure is relatively easy to insulate. Also, it utilizes wood which is a good insulator naturally and minimizes the heat transfer across the walls and roof of the structure.
- Structural Stability – Appropriately designed and constructed post-frame buildings can withstand harsh weather conditions that would destroy conventional buildings. The wooden posts implanted in the ground transmit wind pressure from the walls directly into the ground and maximize the endurance capacity of the structure.
- Versatility – Post-frame building offers great design flexibility. You can use almost any type of interior finish in post-frame buildings, including dry brushing, chalk boarding, ragging, etc. For exterior facades you can use stone, bricks, vinyl, steel, and stucco.
Post-frame construction has become a popular choice because of the benefits it offers, and is used in the construction of different building types, such as garages, barns, RV shelters, retail stores, vacation homes, offices, etc.
Pole Barn Kit Construction
Pole Barns can be built several ways. You will need to decide which construction method suites your needs and fits on your property.
Stick building is a traditional way of framing a barn building. Most custom builders use this as their preferred manner of constructing since they tend to build barns that are unique. Roofs, floor trusses and all framing is, in effect, created on site from individual pieces of lumber.
Pole barns and garages can be built much quicker than traditionally constructed buildings. When constructed to your specifications, pole garages and post frame buildings are the perfect solution to your storage needs. They are an economical solution residential construction.
Metal Buildings are an economical solution for both commercial and smaller residential construction. This style has straight walls with a gable or sloped roofing system. Steel Buildings are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.